Subject: Re: Re(2): GLOW and FIELD RENDERING QUESTION
From: Joe Angell <[email-masked]>
To: Robert Cohen <[email-masked]>
Cc: Lightwave Post <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 1995 04:12:49 -0500 (EST)

Thanks for the reply.  I think you may be right... I thought about it, 
and wondered why my little SVHS deck would do something better than a 
Betacam deck?

> If the flickering you descibe was indeed a two field artifact, you would 
> not be able to clear it up by using tracking.

I just assumed that when you are in still mode, the VCR does something 
besides tracking (it's digital tracking, with little up/down arrows -- it 
looks like the fields are getting pushed father or closer, depending on 
which button you push).  Weird...

> The reason had been 
> under the impression that jog/stills encompassed two fields is that a VCR 
> technician told me so some years back and I just never bothered to 
> confirm this for myself... ;)  Hey, the day we stop learning is the day 
> we stop growing ;)  

If a video tech told me that, I'd believe him too.  Thanks for the info...

-- Joe
--
Joe Angell <[email-masked]> sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]